Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Best Time of My Life



It is always so great to hear from the young adults that attend The Arc of Katy's Day Camp. I am so pleased to share a blog entry from Day Camp participant Jonathan Johnson, in his own words:


I love coming to Day Camp by the Katy YMCA. I love it when we go to Java Joz. I love bingo. I am hoping one of the prizes will be a movie with the actor Dylan McDermott, who was born in Waterbury, CT. One I really want is the 1994 remake of Miracle on 34th Street, and another is Home for the Holidays, a Jody Foster movie with Dylan in it. I get so excited when it comes time to play bingo. I hope one of the prizes will be a movie with Dylan McDermott. I also like going out to eat, like at Fazoli’s. I like going to the dances. I see some of the attendants of the YMCA’s Day Camp at these dances. I like celebrating birthdays at Day Camp. We eat cake! We also have times when people want to celebrate their birthdays at Times Square Entertainment. I enjoy doing special things, cooking special meals, and having lots of fun in the sun! Remember Terry Jack’s “Seasons in the Sun”? I really enjoy getting the apartment for one week. I have my own space I can retreat to and think about 1994! We say prayers at Day Camp before eating lunch. I really like the Johnny Appleseed prayer. I really like going to the HEB grocery store off of 99 (I think it is 99). We play music in the gym sometimes. One CD I really liked had songs by the Backstreet Boys, N’SYNC, and others. I would like to hear that CD again sometime. I like snack time a lot. I can nourish my special interests at Day Camp, one being Asia. I really enjoy computer time. There is one game I really like that is where the Veggies on Veggie Tales go to a carnival. I wonder where we’ll eat out in March 2009? Other benefits of coming to Day Camp include getting exercise. I am looking forward to Easter at Day Camp. I am looking forward to playing bingo again this week, I think. I believe I am in the best time of my life right now. I have to say that 2009 is a great year so far and counting! I know 2010 will be even better! My name is Jonathan Johnson. I have been attending the [Arc of Katy] Day Program at YMCA’s Day Camp since 2008. I now attend day camp 3 days out of the week. I am typing this blog on March 10 and 11, 2009. I, as of March 2009, attend Day Program 3 days a week, not 8 days a week, like the old Beatles song. I also like music on Wednesdays. One song we do that I really like is “5-Day Blues.” Others are “Beans in my Ears” and “Aiken Drum,” a song about a man that lives in the moon that is made of food. I really like music a lot and it is what I look foreward to on Wednesdays! Tomorrow, we will play bingo and I am really looking forward to it! Bye, 4NOW! But I will be back.

No comments: