Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Arc of Katy - Camper's point of view




Contributing to the blog today is Sarah Fugitt, a wonderful young lady and high school junior who was a "camper" in the Arc of Katy Day Camp this past summer.

In her own words:

Hi my name is Sarah. The Arc of Katy means a lot to me. Last summer was my first time at the Arc. Mrs. Rosemary is very nice to all of the kids. It is very fun and you get to met people with other disabilities there too. You get to play games and during the summer time we got to go to the garden and water the plants. There are also volunteers that help out too. Everyone helps out with things like whenever it’s time to go home we have to clean out the room and move stuff into another room. This summer is going to be my second time there at the Arc. It’s a safe place to be at because when you are upset or just need to chill out, they will let anyone go into a safe area and just relax. We also go to a gym and jog ten laps to get our exercise and maybe do some basketball too. It was very hard and scary for me at first, but when I saw a few of the kids in my school there, I was fine. I go to Taylor High School by the way. There are lots of kids from different high schools and there were people who are all ready out of high school. Now I know a lot of people there. They do dances and things like that during the school year. The volunteers are great. They get to help us or play with us. If no one knows Mrs. Jennings, she is like the sweetest and the kindest person you would have ever known.


Sarah fugitt

Thank you Sarah for your comments! AC

No comments: