Saturday, January 17, 2009

To Give Is To Receive


In the book titled "Love is Letting Go of Fear" by Gerald G. Jampolsky, M.D., the author explains about the law of Love. He states that "when we give our Love away to others we gain, and what we give we simultaneously receive."

When we give with no expectations of return, we are increased in ways that only a giver can understand.


The Arc of Katy is blessed with many wonderful volunteers that give in so many ways.


Kristin Thompson was a volunteer this past summer in The Arc of Katy's Adult Activity Day Camp. I am pleased to share her reflections below as well as the picture collage she created from her experience with The Arc of Katy:

My experience volunteering at ARC was the most influential part of my summer. The camper’s attitudes changed my attitude as well. Their outlook on life was always non judgmental and friendly; it demonstrated the way I try to look at others. My experience was very beneficial to me and I hope to the campers as well. The various fun events I participated in with the campers such as playing board games like Candy Land or Sorry, watering the garden, making cookies, or practicing “Under the Big Top” was always a joy for the me and the campers. Their appreciation was always shown through their hugs and smiles when playing with them. It was an experience I will never forget and want to continue this every summer.

Kristin


If you would like to donate to the scholarship fund for The Arc of Katy's Adult Activity Day Camp, please CLICK HERE TO DONATE :)


AC



No comments: